Saturday, April 23, 2011

150 Years Ago

Wow, where does the time go? Well, the past few months have been incredibly busy, finishing and starting several projects and going on a ten day detail for the 150th Anniversary of Fort Sumter. Still have some good plans for the blog if I ever have the time to impliment them. So the purpose of this post is a brief note about the beginning of the 150ths. I really enjoyed my time in Charleston, although I can assure you that I havent worked that hard since I was "working" for my Dad in a hayfield. The 150th from my perspective wasnt really what I expected, although busy it wasnt overwhelming and the reenacted bombardment was kind of cool, but not as big as I expected it to be. Of course the threatened Govt shutdown did have an impact on some of this, but still it leaves me wondering what the impact of the 150s is going to be.

No comments: